Hamilton Commuters Getting Active!
Transportation and Healthy Living Fair on Thursday June 21st.
Is the high price of driving making your commute even more miserable? Visit the Transportation and Healthy Living Fair on June 21st to see how Hamilton commuters are getting healthy, saving money and having fun.
The average person can ride a bicycle 2.5 km or walk 1 km in 10 minutes. Even transit users get a lot of exercise because each bus trip starts and ends with a walk or bicycle trip.
Indoor gym memberships cost money and are often a drive away. Think about fitting exercise into something you already do – commuting to and from work. Active commuting gets you physically active, busts stress and costs way less than driving alone.
Meet You at the Fair
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012
Time: Drop in between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
Location: Gore Park in downtown Hamilton (Intersection of King and James Street by the fountain)
1. Free Admission.
2. Prizes to be won.
3. Do lunch in the park and stay as long or as short as you want.
4. Bring a friend.
Celebrate and Discover
- Meet others interested in health and active transportation in Hamilton.
- Learn what services and resources exist for active commuters.
- Hear from seasoned cyclists and walkers about favourite routes and tips to help your healthy commute.
- Find out how to maintain your bicycle and make your cycling trips safe, easy and fun.
- Share your ideas to help Hamilton improve your commute.
- Find out who’s doing what to improve healthy active commutes in Hamilton.
- See what other businesses are doing that your workplace could do to help staff get active and healthy.
- Prizes and gifts will top off your trip to the fair.
Get Your Business Involved
If your workplace could benefit from cost savings and improved employee health then visit this fair and help spread the word. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive communications materials to help you be a workplace Active Transportation Champion.
Interested in Exhibit Space?
Visit our Exhibitor page if you are a business interested in a no cost promotional space at the Transportation & Healthy Living Fair.
Just the Facts
June 21, 2012
11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Gore Park in downtown Hamilton (Intersection of King and James Street by the fountain)
Air Quality & Transportation Coordinator
Interested in Exhibit Space at the Transportation & Healthy Living Fair?
Visit our Exhibitor page if you are a business interested in a no cost promotional space.
>> June 19 Register for Lunchtime Walk
>> June 21 Transportation& Healthy Living Fair
>> June 23 Rural Routes Farm Transit Tour
>> June 24 Open Streets Hamilton Main Event